Trixiewiz e.V., a nonprofit organization, is committed to the goal of transferring knowledge across cultures.
Trixiewiz comes from the name “Trixie” (in reference to Trixie Belden, a curious, young female sleuth from a series of fictional detective novels) and the words “tricky,” “wizard,” and “wisdom.” This name (a portmanteau) denotes uncanny, magical female knowledge.
Our organization began in 2002 when a group of women from different cultural and professional backgrounds began to meet regularly. Out of these meetings came the idea of establishing an association committed to understanding different cultures and defining the points of tension within society. Trixiewiz e.V. works to create a space where open and counter-hegemonic dialogue is possible and where experiences from different countries, cultures, and work contexts can be productively exchanged.
In May 2003, the association Trixiewiz e.V. was formed. One year later, we became an official nonprofit organisation.
At Trixiewiz e.V., our work is focused on developing projects that are counter‐hegemonic and culturally competent and on promoting international and intercultural understanding. We help to facilitate the intercultural transfer of knowledge in order to combat inequality and exploitation in our world.
Particular importance is placed on critical dialogues involving politics, science, and the diversity of cultures. The focal points and activities of Trixiewiz e.V. arise from the founding mission of the association: the intercultural transfer of knowledge. For us, this means:
- Promoting democratic structures and equal relationships across borders
- Highlighting gender relations in different societies and cultures
- Understanding the migration process and facilitating intercultural communication
- Viewing the transfer of technology and education as an intercultural challenge
- Finding alternatives to Eurocentric and authoritarian educational concepts
- Acting and developing strategies to combat ethnocentrism and racism
You may read our articles of association here (in German).
Find out how you can support Trixiewiz e.V. here.